1. Who are part of the MOU for this MTech program
Ans. Seer Akademi, Nodal University like JNTUA/K and IIT Madras – NPTEL
2. What is the role of SEER Akademi?
Ans. Seer is the academic provider for the MTech program. It works with the industry to define the syllabus, develop the course material for recording and deliver the courses in the program. Therefore, tripartite MOU was signed between them.
3. What is the role of NPTEL?
Ans. NPTEL (National program on Technology Enhanced Learning under ministry of HRD, Govt. of India) being a nation building initiative to enhance the quality of engineering education in the country, it is making investment for the development of the courseware in the line of what industry is demanding or the courses that are not being offered anywhere in India, these course materials are being given to NPTEL via this MOU so that the nation can benefit from it.
4. What is the role of University?
Ans. Role of the University is very critical. They provide their academic framework to ensure that it aligns with the regulatory requirements. Admission is given by the University and the degree is also awarded by it.
5. Whether it is AICTE/UGC approved course?
Ans. AICTE approval is required only for autonomous or affiliated colleges. Universities have freedom to launch degree programs because UGC has provided them degree granting authority.
6. What is the value of the certificate provided by university?
Ans. This is equivalent to other M Tech certificates.
7. Whether it has GATE / PGCET scholarship?
Ans. This is a self-finance program. Therefore, there are no scholarship and reservation in it. However, GATE/PGECET ranks are used for admission.
8. What is the selection process to join the program?
Ans. Admission will be based on merit with the following priority:
i) Valid GATE Rank
ii) Valid PGECET Rank (if the required number of valid GATE rankers not available)
iii) JNTUA Entrance Test rank (if the required number of valid PGECET rankers are not available)
If required, the Entrance Test will be conducted at JNTUA, Anantapur as per the time table given. Candidates securing equal marks in the Entrance Test will be bracketed for the purpose of award of ranking and at the time of admission, age will be taken into consideration, older candidate being given priority. The Entrance Test is of two hour duration and consists of objective type of questions.
In case if the Entrance Test is not conducted, the performance in the qualifying degree will be considered for giving admissions
9. What is the structure of the program?
Ans. Program has four semesters. Course work will be completed in two semesters and in the remaining two semesters; you will either do internship with a company or do a project.
10. How is it different from regular MTech?
Ans. This is an industry driven program. All the courses are aligned with what industry needs. It also focuses on skill development. In a typical course of the program, a student invests more time in doing lab/exercises/assignments than on theory and concepts.
11. Who will frame the Syllabus and who approves it?
Ans. Seer Akademi develops the syllabus in consultation with industry experts and the Board of Studies (BOS) approves it similar to the syllabus of any other program.
12. How is this Syllabus different from regular MTech VLSI / ES syllabus?
Ans. As mentioned earlier, this syllabus meets the requirements of the Semiconductor industry because it has been set by the industry leaders themselves.
13. How the lectures are delivered in this program?
Ans. Learning has two components – Knowledge and skill development. Lectures represent knowledge. As the course is delivered by industry experts, making them available at the lecture timing becomes a big constraint. Therefore lectures are delivered through recordings.
14. What are the advantages of this lecture delivery model?
Ans. Advantage is that you learn from the best. Professionals who work on the technology are teaching. Therefore, they teach what is practically required in the industry.
15. What is the role of Local Instructor?
Ans. Local instructors have been trained by the industry experts on the labs/assignments/tutorials/exercises. Local instructor is the first level help for the students. In other words, they help students understand the concepts better. They also help students in carrying out lab activities. As students spend more time in labs in this program, the role of local instructor is very critical.
16. What is the role of university faculty?
Ans. University faculty plays role only in case of setting the question papers, doing the viva for the project.
17. What is ratio of lecture to labs and how is it useful for students?
Ans. The theory to practical ratio is typically maintained as 1:2 and this helps the student to do explorative, experimental and experiential practical learning
18. Who will assist the students in delivering the lectures / doing the labs?
Ans. Local instructor will help students to ensure that students understand the material and practice the labs to develop skills.
19. Is there any platform for a regular discussion session among student community?
Ans. Seer has created a virtual platform where students can come together and enhance the learning experience.
20. What all will be part of certificate marks and contribute to the final percentage
Ans. Typically, Midterm theory exams, internal practical, external practical, external theory in the first year and project work in the second year will contribute to the percentage based on the regulations of that nodal university
21. Who will conduct the exams?
Ans. The nodal university in conjunction with the university engineering college holds the authority of conducting the exams – Theory & Practical.
22. Is placement an integral part of the degree fee? Any assurance is given?
Ans. Yes, placement is an integral part of the program.
No assurance is given for the placement. As the program is practical oriented, it is a value addition and each student can appear for a placement eligibility test and be part of placement activity. No assurance can be given ahead of time as it depends up on student performance across all semesters and the company requirements.
23. What all will contribute to placement selection process?
Ans. Attendance, Academic performance, in-class participation, performance in labs or assignments, feedback from the local instructor or SME and the company requirements
24. Who will evaluate the lab / assignments?
Ans. Local instructor, based on evaluation criteria set by the instructor
25. What are the criteria that local instructor will have to give feedback on the student?
Ans. Class room participation, presentations, and attitude
26. Are EIE and EEE students suitable for VLSI? Will they understand the course topics?
Ans. Yes as they have digital design course as part of their UG curriculum. With necessary focus and hard work, they will definitely understand the course topics
27. Can I join the course as I already have a software job?
Ans. If the eligibility criteria set by the university is met, you can join the course and follow university regulations
28. Is there any hostel facility for girls on campus?
Ans. It is in the preview of the nodal university
29. Can you provide the tools on our laptops?